Via The Blaze:
Prosecutors have dropped kidnapping and rape charges against a former San Diego Tea Party spokesman after the alleged victim recanted her story.
Michael Kobulnicky, 54, was arrested earlier this month and accused of sexually assaulting a 56-year-old woman he allegedly picked up in his car. According to San Diego Fox affiliate KSWB-TV, the alleged victim appeared at a bail hearing Monday and told the judge Kobulnicky was not the man who assaulted her.
On Wednesday, she recanted her story to prosecutors and said she was never kidnapped or raped.
A judge dismissed four felony charges against Kobulnicky on Thursday. He had faced a possible life sentence if convicted.
“I didn’t commit any crimes,” Kobulnicky told KSWB after being released from jail. “It’s been hell. When people accuse you of terrible things and you know you didn’t do anything wrong.”
In a statement, District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis said her office is “dedicated to the protection of the innocent as much as we are committed to holding criminals accountable for their crimes.”
If you don’t recall this matter, here’s a primer.
It was bulnicky all along. We expect Occupy for Accountability (who at least acknowledged that he was a former spokesman) and other lefty sites will issue retractions soon.
In Dana Milbank’s world, Sandra Fluke continues to defy age by remaining 24.